Advisory Committee on Sustainability
Approved by the Town Council on 07/01/2020
WHEREAS, The Town of Clinton registered to be a participant in Sustainable CT; and
WHEREAS, Sustainable CT has nine categories within its application: inclusive and equitable community impacts, well-stewarded land and natural resources, efficient physical infrastructure and operations, vibrant and creative cultural ecosystems, dynamic and resilient planning, clean and diverse transportation systems and choices, strategic and inclusive public services, thriving local economies, and healthy, efficient, and diverse housing; and
WHEREAS, the Town Council of the Town of Clinton wished to be certified in the Sustainable CT Program.
NOW THEREFORE, the Town Council of the Town of Clinton wishes to establish an Advisory Committee on Sustainability.
Purpose: The Advisory Committee on Sustainability shall advise and recommend to the Town Council sustainability principles to be adopted and the initiatives that will further the Town’s approved sustainability goals. The Committee shall have a goal of working toward the Town of Clinton’s certification in the Sustainable CT Program.
Charges and Responsibilities:
- Review the Sustainable CT certification application to identify and prioritize steps that should be taken. Recommend strategies to balance environmental protection, economic development, and social objectives. Recommendations should include timeframe and budget impacts.
- Assist with coordination of the Town of Clinton’s participation in Sustainable CT and serve as the Town's Sustainability Team.
- Evaluate other recycling initiatives to increase general awareness and handling of other wastes.
- Recommend actions to assist the Town in reducing the quantity of municipal solid waste disposed of at the transfer station and increase the quantity of recycled and repurposed materials.
- Assist in identifying initiatives that result in a clean, sustainable and cost-effective energy future for the Town.
- Provide reports to the Town Council every six (6) months.
Membership and Term:
The Committee membership shall be appointed by the Town Council and be comprised of
seven (7) resident electors of Clinton to serve an initial term of two (2) years starting July 1,
The link below contains information on the regularly scheduled monthly meetings for the current year. It does not contain Agendas or information on special meetings or emergency meetings. To receive notifications and Agendas for all meetings, regular, special and emergency please go to the Notify Me center, locate the Board, Commission or Committee you are interested in and follow the instructions.