Indian River Recreation Complex
- ADA Accessible
- Baseball Field
- Basketball Court
- Field Hockey
- Picnic Areas
- Picnic Tables
- Portable Restroom Facilities
- Snack Bar
- Soccer Field
- Sound System
- Walking Trail
Indian River Recreation Complex
Rules and Regulations
- Alcohol and Drugs and Tobacco are prohibited.
- Speed limit within the Complex is 5 M.P.H.
- Obey ALL Parking Signs.
- Vehicles are prohibited from all areas except the designated parking lot.
- No glassware of any kind is permitted.
- All outside vendors are prohibited unless permission has been approved by P & R Director.
- No horses, or domesticated livestock is permitted in any recreational facility. Dogs are permitted in certain areas of the park, please obey all rules
- No Golfing and no Hunting.
- No model type aircraft can be flown during anytime of field usage.
- Loitering on Park and Recreation property (as defined by Town Ordinance) is prohibited.
- No graffiti or destroying or defacement of any property or facilities within the Complex.
- The playing of loud car radios, stereos and/or outside speakers is prohibited.
- Opening and Closing: Complex 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 P.M. Monday - Saturday Opening and Closing Sunday 8:00 a.m to sunset ( no lights permitted)
- Baseball games no inning may start after 10:45 P.M. Monday through Saturday
- P & R reserves the right to close the Complex or any facility within the Complex at any time.
- No Skate Boarding
- No Bike Riding on playing fields and grass areas.
- Use Trash Receptacles and keep facility safe and clean.
Clinton Park and Recreation Dog Regulations
Town Ordinance on Animals
Chapter 200. Animals
Article II. Dog Control
200-4. Dogs on public property.
A. In no event shall any dog be allowed, either leashed or unleashed, on any beaches, parks, athletic fields and/or playgrounds owned or maintained by the Town of Clinton or any agency thereof, except in designated areas.
B. Dogs shall be allowed in designated areas on public property other than beaches, parks, athletic fields and/or playgrounds only if such dog is properly on a leash of no more than 10 feet in length, held by the owner or keeper of such dog.
C. Designated areas shall include the Holiday Dock; the Town Dock; the Town Dock parking areas; the Liberty Green; the small park at Heser's Pond; the wooded areas at the Indian River Recreation Complex; the pathway along the Hammock River, behind the Lion's Club Pavilion, to the Viewing Pavilion at the Town Beach; and any other areas so designated by the Board of Selectmen.
200-5. Dogs assisting handicapped persons.
A dog which accompanies a handicapped person as an assistant or guide dog and is properly leashed or on proper restraint shall be allowed on any public property pursuant to C.G.S. §46a-64.
A This article shall not apply if the dog is on its owner's or keeper's property, or where the owner or keeper has the permission of the private property owner.
200-7. Removal of dog feces.
The owner or keeper of a dog which has deposited feces upon any public property or private property without the permission of the owner of such property shall immediately remove such feces, or cause it to be removed, and dispose of it in a sanitary manner. A person will be considered to have disposed of the feces in a sanitary manner if such person removes the feces and places such material in a bag or wrapper made of plastic or paper or otherwise disposes of such feces on his own property.
200-9. Penalties for offenses.
Any person who violates this article shall be subject to a fine of $50 and a fine of $75 for each subsequent violation.