Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
New 2020 Rules for RiverCOG Household Hazardous Waste and Paper Shredding Collections
In order to keep everyone safe during the COVID-19 pandemic we are implementing mandatory rules for RiverCOG collections. Staff reserves the right to deny anyone not complying with these rules.
When at home:
• Bring you face mask with you.
• Please load all household hazardous waste in trunk or back of car. We will not be accessing front or back seats of vehicles.
• If you have any waste that you are not sure if we will take it or not, call (860) 581-8554 by Friday before the event.
• Please do not bring passengers or pets to household hazardous waste collections, drivers only.
• If bringing in waste for other people please call 860-581-8554 by Friday before the event. Bring to the event a piece of mail with the waste originator’s name and address.
• If your driver’s license is not current, please supply current information (piece of mail with name and address).
• Please label any containers that you would like returned back to you.
At the collection:
• Don’t get out of vehicle for any reason.
• Put on mask and close all windows before you reach the staff working the event.
• Have driver’s license ready for verification.
• HHW vendor will be unloading your vehicle. If you have containers to keep please let them know. If you have waste that is not accepted, we will let you know where it can be disposed of.
• Thank you for coming to the HHW collection and disposing or your waste properly!
• Bring your face mask with you.
• Limit of 5 bags or boxes approx. 9” x 18” x 12” No junk mail, magazines, books, cards, envelopes, metal ring binders etc. will be accepted at the paper shredding collection.
• Please load all paper in trunk or back of car. We will not be accessing front or back seats of vehicles.
• Please do not bring passengers or pets to paper shredding collections, drivers only.
• If bringing in paper for other people, please supply verification information about them (a piece of mail with their name and address).
• If drivers license is not current, please supply current information (a piece of mail with name and address).
• Trust us that all of your personal paper waste will be loaded onto the truck and shredded at the site before they leave.
• Thank you for coming to the paper shredding collection and disposing or your paper properly