Trade Name Certificate

Anyone conducting business in Clinton under a name other than his own needs to file a Certificate of Trade Name. The applicant must first go to the Zoning Department. Once that it is done, he comes to our office and for a $10 fee places the name of his business on file using the Certificate of Trade Name form. All those conducting or transacting the business must sign the certificate and have it notarized. The information from this document is then indexed in the Land Records.