Maps & Surveys

Map Filing
There are statutory requirements for the filing of maps. Once a map or survey is filed, it never leaves the office, except for microfilming. There are regulations concerning materials, printing process, signatures and seals on a map or a Mylar as it is commonly called.

Maps are also entered into the computer system for indexing purpose. We maintain an index by map title and by street. At this time, we have approximately 3,500 maps on file. After we have accumulated approximately fifty maps, they are sent out for microfilming. The cost of a computer printout is $1.

Flood Maps
Flood maps are stored in the Town Clerk’s vault. These are referred to by title searchers and homeowners and delineate the 100 year flood plain for properties.